Advertorial Content Below
How to Cancel Interserver Subscription?
- 1. Why You May Want to Cancel Interserver Subscription?
- 2. Things To Consider Before Canceling Interserver Subscription
- 3. 7 Key Steps to Cancel Your Interserver Subscription
- 4. What Happens After Canceling The Interserver Subscription?
- 5. Why I Should Use Interserver Customer Service to Cancel Interserver Hosting Subscription?
- 6. FAQs
- 7. Conclusion!
Interserver is a popular web hosting provider that offers shared, VPS, and dedicated server hosting plans and like most web hosts, they require customers to sign up for a subscription plan when purchasing their services which means your account will automatically renew at the end of each billing cycle unless you cancel your subscription.
Canceling your Interserver subscription is easy to do through their customer portal, but there are a few things to keep in mind before canceling.
In this guide, we’ll cover the steps to cancel your Interserver subscription, what happens after cancellation, why you should contact the interserver customer service, and some key points to consider beforehand when working with interserver customer service team.
Why You May Want to Cancel Interserver Subscription?
There are a few common reasons customers may want to cancel their Interserver customer service subscription like you no longer need the hosting services and want to avoid being billed again at renewal. This could be because you’ve migrated to a new host, no longer need hosting, or are closing down a website.
Or you want to downgrade or change your hosting plan with Interserver customer service to reduce costs because canceling your current plan is required before you can sign up for a new one.
In case you’re unsatisfied with Interserver’s services and want to switch hosts, the most common reasons include unreliability, poor performance, lack of features, poor customer service & renewal price being too high.
Some customers get discounted introductory pricing that then jumps up at renewal time as the renewal cost may be too expensive for you.
Things To Consider Before Canceling Interserver Subscription
Before you cancel, there are some things you should keep in mind:
- Check Your Next Billing Date–Know when your plan is up for renewal so you can time your cancellation accordingly and don’t make the mistake of waiting until after you’ve been charged for another term to cancel
- Consider A Downgrade First–If your main issue is cost, you may want to check if Interserver customer service can offer you a cheaper package before canceling completely as a VPS or dedicated server downgrade may better fit your budget
- Backup Your Data–Once canceled, you’ll lose access to your account and any data still hosted with Interserver so make sure to back up your website files and databases so you don’t lose anything important
- Have An Exit Strategy–Where will you migrate your site after cancellation? Have a new host ready to transfer your domain and content before shutting down your Interserver account
- Use Customer Support–Interserver customer service agents can answer questions about your cancellation, account, and next steps so try to take advantage of their support
7 Key Steps to Cancel Your Interserver Subscription
When you’re ready to cancel, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Interserver customer service dashboard–This is where you manage your products and services
- Click ‘Products’ from the left menu bar and select your hosting plan
- On the overview page, click the ‘Cancel’ button. This will open the cancellation confirmation box
- Select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu and choose the option that best explains why you’re canceling
- Check the box to confirm you understand the cancellation terms to review any information about refunds, billing cycles, and service impacts
- Click ‘Cancel Product’
- Customer service will be notified to confirm your cancellation. At this point, your subscription is set to terminate at the end of your current billing cycle
What Happens After Canceling The Interserver Subscription?
Once you cancel with Interserver, here’s what you can expect: Your hosting plan and account will remain active until the end of your current billing period & services will terminate at the next renewal date when payment would be due
You’ll only have read-only access to your account until termination so you can easily back up any remaining data.
Do you know what the best part is, Interserver customer service team will reach out to confirm cancellation and answer any questions you have about the process so please be responsive if they request information.
Your domain will remain registered but shut down on the hosting side and you’ll need to transfer it elsewhere to keep it active online.
Data and files left in your account will be deleted after termination, so make sure to back everything up in advance you have to keep in mind that cancellation is final, but you can always sign up for Interserver customer service again in the future if needed.
Why I Should Use Interserver Customer Service to Cancel Interserver Hosting Subscription?
Rather than self-canceling through the portal, we advise you to don’t rush your decision and take some time to talk with the Interserver Customer Service so they can help you:
- Interserver customer service & support team is available 24/7 via live chat, phone, or ticket so contact them if you need assistance
- Explain you want to cancel your hosting plan why and provide key details like your account email and domain name
- Interserver Customer service can walk you through the cancellation process and ensure everything is terminated properly
- They may try to retain you by offering discounts or an alternate plan so you can accept a new offer or insist on cancellation–depends on your choice
- If migrating your domain elsewhere, they can help transfer it to the new registrar smoothly
- Confirm cancellation terms, data backups, billing details, and post-cancellation steps with the agent before getting off the phone or closing chat
- Customer service will make sure the cancellation request is processed on the back end even if you don’t self-cancel through the portal
How do I cancel my Interserver hosting plan?
You can cancel Interserver hosting subscription through the customer dashboard. Log in, click ‘Products’, select your plan, and click the ‘Cancel’ button to initiate the cancellation process.
When will my subscription be canceled?
Your subscription will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle, at which point services will terminate unless you renew the subscription so make sure to cancel before your next renewal date.
Can I get a refund if I cancel mid-cycle?
Interserver does not offer refunds for early cancellations or cycles so you will have access until the end of the period you already paid for.
What happens to my domain if I cancel hosting?
Your domain will remain registered but become inactive on the hosting side once your account is terminated and you’ll need to transfer it to a new provider to keep it online.
Will I lose my data if I cancel my account?
Yes, all account data is deleted upon cancellation so make sure to back up your website files and databases beforehand, and once canceled, you’ll have read-only access.
Can I cancel via customer support chat?
Yes, you can work with the Interserver customer service team to help cancel your account if you prefer not to self-cancel through the portal.
If I rethink canceling, can I renew my subscription?
As long as the account is still active, you can log in and renew for another term and if once fully closed out, you’d have to sign up for a new account.
Does cancellation happen immediately?
No, there is a process that occurs on the back end but the cancellation request will be processed to take effect at the next billing cycle.
We know it’s hard to cancel your interserver subscription for beginners but also is a straightforward process, especially with help from the Interserver customer service & interserver support team.
The key is giving yourself enough lead time before renewal, backing up your data in advance, and having an exit strategy in place for seamlessly migrating your site. With the right planning, you can cancel smoothly and avoid getting billed for a hosting plan you no longer need or want.