Discover How To Choose The Best Name For Your Business
- Buy or Sell Premium Domain For Your Business
- Absolutely no upfront costs
- Escrow.com transaction, transfer, and payment protection
- Get a real human response 24/7
Before picking the best name for business, you need to have a clear idea of the kind of name you want, search out some captivating words and test them before settling on the finest one for your brand.
But what if you don’t know where to begin? What if you can’t seem to ignite that creative naming spark? What if you can’t come up with a thrilling name? That is precisely what you will find today.
After helping over 30,000 founders find unique ideas for business names, we compiled what we’ve discovered into this post so that every entrepreneur can discover the best name for business, goods, or services.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Steps For Choosing the Best Name for Business
Affirm Your Brand
The most important part of your brand is its name. And to get the best name for business you need to dedicate time to know your brand inside out. What you do is your business. Your brand represents how you wish to be perceived.
Consider the case of Accenture. What comes to mind when you see, read or hear the name? It sounds sophisticated contemporary and high-end. As one of the world premier consulting organizations this works incredibly well. Yet you could not call a commonplace digital gadget like the Alexa or iPhone the same thing. The name would be inappropriate for their identity or what they are trying to achieve.
Consider Different Names
This is the exciting part! Gather your group (if you currently have one at this point), get some markers, notes, and a whiteboard, and explore freely. Remember that the brainstorming phase isn’t the analytical phase. At this moment, you do not need to assess names. You simply need to open your creative channels and just allow the flow. That’s how you can choose the best name for business.
Don’t be hesitant to jot down unpleasant names. In fact, we strongly advise you to use names that make you uncomfortable. You never really know what they could produce. Here are some easy tools to help you with the name generation process:
- Visual names, sometimes with a color component
- Industry jargon
- Rhyming Phrases
Furthermore, it is beneficial to engage people of all ages in your brainstorming process since they have varied ideas regarding creative vs. prominent names.
In a poll done in 2021, we discovered that younger age groups—25-34-year-olds—favored inventive and current brand names, but 45 to 65-year-olds were more likely to trust traditional brands. The age group 35-45 was in the center. As a result, a variety of ages enables you to weigh numerous opinions.
Even if you wind up with 200 names at the conclusion of the brainstorm, that’s excellent since we’re now working on compressing this list.
We all hope that your top choice from the selected options is the fantastic company name you’ve been looking for! However, you must first pass a few critical exams before you can rejoice. The legitimization process determines whether or not your proposed best name for a business is feasible:
- When it comes to verifying your business name, audience response is essential. You may accomplish this by soliciting input from friends, family members, or even complete strangers you meet at a bar or cafe. Don’t be afraid to explain what you’re doing.
- A website is a must-have tool for every business. So make sure to determine whether your desired domain name is still available. In an ideal world, you’d have access to nameofyourbusiness.com. This, however, is quite unusual, and you may have to pay a lot of money to get your domain name. Also, check out how a domain name can Make Or Break Your Online Business.
- Trademarks: You may dislike this process, but it could spare you a lot of problems in the future. Most existing terms have some sort of trademark protection. You must determine if your company’s name satisfies the trademark test. At this point, you might also seek the assistance of a legal professional. Failure to do this check may result in future stop and desist letters. That’s how you can select the best name for your business.
What are good names for a business?
Finding a best name for business may be quite a challenge. It is essential to choose something that embodies the core of your firm and is distinctive enough to distinguish itself from the competitors. When choosing a name, you should consider numerous characteristics, such as its memorability, its ease of pronunciation, and its internet searchability. To prevent legal concerns, you should also ensure that the name does not clash with any existing trademarks or organisations.
How do I find a unique business name?
Finding a distinctive best name for business may be a difficult and frightening undertaking. It is, after all, the initial impression that potential clients will get of your company. It must be memorable, expert, and pertinent to your industry. When generating ideas for unique best name for business, there are a number of factors to consider. Consider the sort of clients you wish to attract first. What search terms or phrases do people employ to find your product or service? Consider how these terms will function in a business name.
What are the 7 types of brand name?
- Descriptive: Describe the product in some way such as ‘Fresh Juice’ or ‘Organic Fruits’.
- Suggestive: Suggest something about the product without explicitly stating it, like ‘Allure’ or ‘Cloud Nine’.
- Acronym: Form an acronym from the full product name such as IBM (International Business Machines).
- Associative: Associated with a concept that appeals to customers, such as ‘Apple’ or ‘Amazon’.
- Arbitrary: Have no logical connection to the product like ‘Kodak’ or ‘Nike’.
- Compound: Use two or more words to create a unique combination such as ‘Google’ or ‘Adidas’.
- Experiential: Evoke emotions and feelings about the product such as ‘Nirvana’ or ‘Dreams’.
How do I name my new business?
Consider the following questions prior to selecting the best name for business:
What is the purpose and objective of my business?
What values does my firm represent?
What are the benefits and advantages of my goods and services?
What message do I wish to communicate to customers?
Who is my intended market?
How can I distinguish myself from competitors?
How can I create a memorable business name?
Establishing your brand’s identity and making a memorable first impression may be facilitated by a memorable business name. When considering potential business names, it is essential to consider the message you want your brand to communicate. Consider words linked with the product or service you provide, as well as any industry-specific phrases.
How do I come up with a catchy business name?
Establishing your brand’s identity and making a memorable first impression may be facilitated by a best name for business. When considering potential business names, it is essential to consider the message you want your brand to communicate. Consider words linked with the product or service you provide, as well as any industry-specific phrases.
How do I choose a good business name?
Choosing a decent business name is an essential step in the process of launching a company. It is the first impression potential buyers receive of your brand, therefore it should be memorable, suitable, and simple to say.
When selecting the ideal name for your organisation, you should first generate concepts. Consider terms associated with your services and goods, your clients, and the personality of your brand. You might also pick a name that is unique to your business or geographic area and reflects the value you offer.
Your brand name can be the game changer your business needs since it has the ability to increase sales and affect your financial performance. So when getting your best name for business focus on finding the best one that would give your business an edge in the market.
Grant Polachek is the head of branding for Squadhelp 3X Inc 5000 startup and disruptive naming agency. Squadhelp has reviewed more than 1 million names and curated a collection of the best available names on the web today. We are also the world leading crowdsource naming platform supporting clients from early stage startups to Fortune 500 companies.